Emergency Chaplains Report

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Bethesda Bluegrass Boys

Carter, Carl and I had the pleasure of attending Angier Avenue Baptist Church on March 29th. Our friends, The Bethesda Bluegrass Boys led the worship service.

Mark (the old guy in the picture) taught himself to play the guitar a few years ago. He later taught all three of his boys to play one or more instruments. When congratulated for teaching the boys to play so well, he tells me that he evidently taught them everything that he knew....because he doesn't know anything anymore.

The boys are Caleb, Jackson and Connor. For years I have told the Hagwood boys to continue eating their Wheaties and stay away from cigarettes and coffee---do that and one day they would be as tall as me. Judging by this picture it looks like they took my advice.

Holly is the only non-Hagwood in the group. She plays fiddle and adds vocals.

Karen is the mom. (Not-pictured) She is the brains behind the boys.

I love you guys. Keep using your talents to honor the Lord.

No comments: